Located in the heart of Stone Oak, a master planned community, Independence Hill is positioned within minutes of shopping, restaurants and medical facilities. Surrounded by trees, manicured landscaping and walking areas, this gated community offers independent and assisted living, and provides seniors with a worry-free, retirement experience. Join us and discover elegantly designed common areas, chef-prepared culinary experiences, an extensive activities program and an array of other amenities that will ensure that you love the way you live!
Independence Hill Retirement Community
Perfect for seniors looking to live in a community environment without the worry of maintenance, housekeeping, or security issues.
Provides seniors the ability to live as independently as they want, while offering assistance with the activities of daily life.
Floor Plans and Amenities
- Fully-equipped electric kitchen with microwave oven
- Window blinds
- Ceiling fans
- Private covered patio or balcony
- Centrally monitored fire and smoke system
- Emergency response system
- Carpet, wood floors and tile*
- Large or walk-in closets*
- Washer and Dryer connections*
*Varies per floor plan
Services & Amenities Include:
- Housekeeping and Linen Service, Personal Laundry Service available
- Restaurant-Style Dining with delicious daily chef-prepared menu choices and healthy choices. Sample Menu
- Front Desk Staff 24/7, Concierge Services
- Emergency Call System
- Scheduled Transportation for shopping, church services, appointments, airport and more
- Home Health Team On-site, Massage Therapist & Personal Trainer available
- Exciting Social Activities with your interests in mind
- Privileges to The Club at Sonterra for golf, tennis, fitness, swimming, dining and social event
- On-site Bible Studies & Church Services
- Card & Game Rooms, Music/Choir Room, Arts & Crafts Studio
- Coffee Shop with Espresso, Cappuccino and Lattes
- Country “Convenience” Store
- Courtyard with Gazebo and Gardening Area, BBQ Grill Area
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool
- Two Libraries, Fish Ponds, Indoor & Outdoor Walking Areas
- Guest Suites
- Fitness Center, Dance Studio, Aerobics/Exercise Area and Fitness Programs
- In-house Theater, Billiards Lounge, Computer Center
- Kitchenettes, including full-size refrigerator/freezer and microwave
- Large bathrooms with assistance bars and showers with seats
- Individually controlled heat and air units
- Window treatments
- Smoke/fire detectors and sprinkler system
- Utilities (water, electric, expanded basic cable and Wi-Fi)
Services & Amenities
- Restaurant-style dining offering three meals a day
- Private dining room for guests and family
- 24-hour caregiver and licensed nurse on staff
- 24/7 emergency response system
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
- Onsite physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Engaging group and individual activities and outings
- Movie theater, library, and arts and crafts room
- Fitness area and walking paths
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping and church services
- Beauty salon and barber shop (additional fee)
- Whirlpool bath, spa and relaxation room
- Coffee bar and snack area
- Game room: billiards, shuffle board and big screen TV
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Guest suite available on campus
- Fully insulated and finished oversized 2-car garage with window
- Screened in porches (some)
- Granite countertops
- 42” custom kitchen cabinets
- French door to patio
- Fences yard (some)
- Walk-in closets
Services & Amenities Include:
- Coffee Bar
- Large Screen TV
- Juke Box
- Baby Grand Piano
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Wood Burning Fireplace
- Business Center
- Wine/Spirit Lockers
- Housekeeping and Linen Service
- Home and Lawn Maintenance
- Concierge Services
- Monitored Home Alarm System
- Dog Park
- Golf, Dining, Tennis and Social Privileges at The Club at Sonterra
- Extensive Social Calendar
- Dry Cleaning Pickup/Delivery Service
- Airport Transportation
- Car Wash Area
- Discount off-market rates at Independence Hill Independent Living and Assisted Living
- Freedom from Property Tax and Homeowner’s Insurance
- Restaurant-Style Dining at Independence Hill Independent Living
Frequently Asked Questions
From information on our care options to a detailed list of amenities, answers about pets and much more, our Frequently Asked Questions provide a helpful overview of everything Independence Hill Retirement Community has to offer. Read on to see if your question is answered here, or contact us today for additional details.
Senior Lifestyle Options & Care
Before move-in, Independence Hill Retirement Community's team of nurses will assess your current health and review your medical history to determine the best care for you. We will also discuss your own preferences, including your day-to-day routines, to develop the best plan for you.
While residents may keep their current physicians, we can also help them find physicians closer to the community. We have regular visits to our communities from some doctors, but there is no obligation to use them. We offer transportation for our residents who need a ride to a doctor’s appointment, for an additional fee.
We are resident-focused. Our team is built around each resident’s specific needs, not on a set time predicted to meet their needs. At Independence Hill Retirement Community we offer personalized care for each resident, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect, kindness and comprehensive care.
Activities & Programs
While the age of our residents varies, the average resident is in their mid-80s.
At Independence Hill Retirement Community we love our pets as much as you do! We understand that your pet is just as much a part of your family as anyone else. That is why we welcome your furry or feathered family members and even the ones that swim (as long as they can do so in 50 gallons of water or less). So whether you talk, purr, bark, or just swim around all day, you’re welcome at our community!
We serve three meals a day and our chefs serve residents restaurant style. In addition to the delicious entrees featured at each meal, if a resident is unable to join us for dinner, we are able to deliver food to their room.
Our activities and programs are specifically designed to engage our residents in five areas of wellness. We focus on physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual wellness.
Independence Hill Retirement Community monitors and supports our resident’s activities and participation in our various programs.
Absolutely! We are always looking for new events and activities that engage our residents.
Touring, Visits, & Costs
The cost to live at Independence Hill Retirement Community is based on each resident’s individualized plan. Reach out to us and we can help you evaluate your current monthly expenses. This may be helpful to consider when planning your senior living expenses.
Our base rate in assisted living includes 3 meals a day, housekeeping, laundry service, an emergency safety alarm system, wellness checks, transportation to community programs and all of our in-house activities.
As this is our residents’ home, we welcome visitors and will always work with our family and friends to visit loved ones at a time that works best for them.
Independence Hill Senior Living
20450 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78258
Assisted Living Ombudsman Information
A long-term care ombudsman helps residents of a nursing facility and residents of an assisted living facility resolve complaints. Help provided by an ombudsman is confidential and free of charge. To speak with an ombudsman, a person may call the toll-free number 1-800-252-2412.